You Are Always Welcome!
Small group Bible study on the first and third Sundays of the month
Don’t get lost in the crowd! Join us as we meet together in small groups to grow together, and in our knowledge of the Gospel. Click for more info:
Our Mission & Vision
Our deepest desire is to connect people to God and together, in order to impact our community and world to the glory of Jesus Christ. We pray that our church will be a place where you can experience the love of God. On this website, I hope you find enough information about our various ministries and activities going on at Faith Bible. I encourage you to join us for a Sunday service. We look forward to getting to know you. You are always welcome here.
Tim Terhune, Sr. Pastor
“Faith Bible Church exists to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ
I-Instructing In God’s Word (discipleship)
M-Mobilizing for Ministry (ministry)
P-Praying with Faith
A-Adoring God (worship)
C-Caring for Others (fellowship)
T-Telling the Gospel (evangelism)
Our leadership team includes our staff pastors, body of elders and deacons. We recognize the authority of God, and realize that we are shepherds who serve under the Chief Shepherd, Jesus Christ. We desire to devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the Word. Our passion and goal is to equip believers for the work of the ministry until we all attain maturity in the fullness of Christ.
Pastor Tim Terhune
Pastor Jason Lemp
What we believe:
How Can I Connect/Learn/Grow/Serve?
Whatever your age or walk in life, we have a group or ministry where you can find your perfect fit! For example, Connection Groups are designed specifically to be close-knit settings that promote fellowship and growth. You’ll love connecting with the members of your group! Click on an age-group from the list below for more details.
There are many opportunities to get involved in the work of God in and through Faith Bible Church…
The call to follow Christ is a call to serve, and Faith Bible Church is filled with people who give of their time, talent and treasure to do works of ministry and service within the church and in the community. These volunteers are an important part of the ministry of Faith Bible Church, using their talents and gifts to glorify God.
- Worship & Music. There are opportunities to get involved in our music and worship ministry to lead us in God-honoring worship.
- Greeters & Ushers fill an important role. They are involved in making our guests feel welcome and comfortable–directing attendees to their seats, ensuring the safety of the building during services, guiding traffic, helping guests, answering questions and providing direction.
- Media & Tech folks work to make sure our audio and video systems help the message come through with clarity.
- Children’s Ministries: Nursery/Kids Church/Faith KidsQuest. In order to give our children the best Bible teaching possible, Faith Bible Church holds a children’s church service during part of the main worship service, and we provide a fully staffed nursery during the entire service. On Wednesday nights during the school year our Faith KidsQuest Bible Club program meets. There are always opportunities to use your gifts and talents in serving our precious children.
- Service Committees. Our Service Committees oversee various areas of ministry at FBC. Members plan and carry out many events and programs. Our current Service Committee areas are: Missions, Prayer, Evangelism, Fellowship and Property.
Grow in Christ!
Faith Bible Church is happy to provide links to our weekly sermons and other helpful Bible study and discipleship resources.
Recommended Bible reading plans and online Bible study resources.
We publish the weekly sermon on our Sermons page so you can easily listen to it whenever you want.
Where? What? When?
NEW PICTURES OF PHASE 1 DESIGN POSTED 3/29/14 CHECK THEM OUT!
The rapid and life-transforming advance of the gospel described in the book of Acts came as believers expected great things from God. This led them to do everything possible to apply the gospel in their own lives and share it with others. They were All-In for the gospel, and we believe God is calling us to be All-In today.
The All-In Initiative began March 9, 2014, and will challenge everyone who calls Faith Bible Church “home” to respond to the generosity of the gospel by giving extravagantly to the progress of the gospel. Each one of us has an opportunity to sacrificially expand our generosity of time, talent and treasure. We should all be “All-In.” By God’s enabling grace and through the generous support of everyone at FBC, our goal of $300,000 for a modest building expansion and significant gifts for church planting and missions is achievable.
- A much-needed multi-purpose entrance/commons/lobby area for informal and programmed fellowship.
- An elevator (vertical platform lift) to make our facility barrier free for all who would desire to worship and fellowship at FBC.
- This addition will form the connection point for future building expansion, such as multipurpose room, kitchen, etc. as the Lord provides.
- A much more welcoming, attractive and user-friendly entrance for all who attend.
Phase 1 is the entrance/commons addition highlighted in yellow in the floor plan below. This is the goal for the All In campaign. Of course, if God were to bless us with enough funds to do phase 1 and 2 at the same time we would not object at all! 🙂
The total cost of this improvement is $300,000. A tithe of this amount will be given to missions and church planting in the metro-Detroit area and beyond. Construction will not begin until we have 100% of the finances committed/secured and 25% of the actual funds in hand. If we do not reach those goals we will revisit the plan with the church and go from there.
There are two ways to be ALL IN…
1. Pray with us about the process, the funds, and the opportunities this project will present.
2. Provide financial support. Please prayerfully consider what amount you might be able to invest towards the project. You may choose to make a one-time gift or spread out your gift over time for up to two years. There are three ways to participate financially:
- Check or Cash donation, either one-time gifts or ongoing, using the ALL IN envelope or your regular offering envelope with the amount for ALL IN designated on it.
- Online Donation.
- Non-cash gifts of property, stocks, bonds, CD’s, precious metals, etc. (Please contact our elder board chairman for this option)
All In Commitment Card Click on image and print out if you would like to mail a gift for the All In initiative.
You can also give online. Click on blue “Online Donation” link above. Thank you!
Giving Is an Act of Worship
At Faith Bible Church, we believe that giving is an act of worship. We believe that it is important and necessary for the church, as well as the individual to learn and grow in the area of Biblical stewardship. Stewardship is much more than just giving financially to the church. It’s even bigger than simply handling your money. It’s about how you handle everything.
Webster defines Stewardship as: the conducting, supervising, or managing of something; especially the careful and responsible management of something entrusted to one’s care.
That being said – one of the most significant and challenging areas of life is financial management. In fact, 84% of college graduates realize they need more education on financial management topics. Most wish they had been taught while still in High School!
Why should I be concerned with financial stewardship?
Plain and simple – finances intersect with every other area of life. Finances have a deep and significant impact on your relationship with Jesus Christ, your relationship with others, and your physical and mental well-being!
Faith Bible Church exists to connect the hearts of people with God. The Bible is clear that money is the #1 competitor with Christ for your heart (Matthew 6:24, Luke 16:13). It is because of this fierce competition that we desire to see every person – young to old – grow in their knowledge of God’s financial principles. Quite frankly, one of the most important discipleship issues for a Christ-follower is how they handle the resources God has given them.
As it relates to our finances, God wants for us to . . .
♦ Be wise and faithful (1 Chronicles 29:11, 1 Corinthians 4:1-2, Luke 16:10-12)
♦ Avoid debt (Deuteronomy 28:12)
♦ Be content (Philippians 4:12)
♦ Be honest (Proverbs 21:6)
♦ Be ready to share with others (1 Timothy 6:18)
♦ Provide for our families (1 Timothy 5:8)
♦ Enjoy what He gives us (1 Timothy 6:17)
♦ Save for a rainy day (Proverbs 21:20)
Because God knew that finances would impact every area of life, including our walk with Him (Matthew 6:24, Luke 8:14), He said a lot about money management in His Word. The verses above are just a few of the 2,350 verses dealing with financial matters in the Bible. In addition to giving us the skills, talents, and ability to make money, and the direction and wisdom to manage it well, the Lord has also given each of us a purpose or role to fulfill in His Kingdom.
Some of you fill several critical roles, actively volunteering in one or more ministries at FBC or within the community. Know that God has you where you are for a reason. Some of you are still on the sidelines . . . waiting for the right time or opportunity to get involved. If that describes you, know that most volunteers never find the right time – they just decide to get involved and try out a few different opportunities until they find the right fit. If this describes you, let us officially invite you to be a part of what’s happening at Faith Bible Church.
Getting involved will be one of the best things you’ve ever done for yourself. In addition to being generous with your time, being generous with your finances is also one of the best things you can do for yourself. Some of the benefits you can expect include . . .
- Material needs met/Reduced Anxiety (Matthew 6:25-34)
- True Life (1 Timothy 6:18-19)
- Increased capacity to give (Proverbs 11:24)
- A more intimate relationship with Christ (Luke 16:11)
Whether you are still exploring this whole idea of giving of your finances, have recently made the decision to give systematically, or have been giving faithfully for a long time, please check out some of the resources we believe you’ll find helpful at the bottom of this page.
How do I give?
- Online Giving Link
- Place your gifts in an offering plate during any worship service.
- Give online via eCheck or credit card.
- Mail your contribution to the church office (address below).
- Donate your assets (stocks, bonds, etc).
Cash & Checks
Please make checks payable to Faith Bible Church. These checks may be dropped off in the offering plates during any worship service. They may also be mailed to our church office at the address below:
Faith Bible Church
Attention: Finance Department
34541 Five Mile Rd.
Livonia MI. 48154
Donations, Securities and Contributions
Do you have questions about the donation of non-cash items (equipment, etc.), stocks, mutual funds, etc., or have issues related to contributions?
Contact Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
May our giving not end with the money, but may we also volunteer our talents and time, as we use the gifts God has given each of us for the common good.
Resources for further study & help:
Other Resources (Books & Web sites)
Desiring God (Chapter 5: “Money: The Currency of Christian Hedonism”), by John Piper
Money, Possessions, and Eternity, by Randy Alcorn
The Treasure Principle, by Randy Alcorn
Crown Financial Ministries
Church Location & Address:
34541 Five Mile Rd.
Livonia, MI 48154
Telephone & Fax: 734.464.7990
- Sunday Morning Adult Bible Study – 9:45am
- Sunday Morning Worship – 11:00am
*Nursery care and children’s program
available during morning service
- Sunday Nights: 6:00pm
- High School Youth Group
- Evening service meets first and third Sundays
- Wednesday Nights: 6:30pm
Adult Connection Groups, Middle School Youth Group,
Faith KidsQuest & Nursery provided